Palo Alto Unified School District (PAUSD) provides meal services for our students. Lunch is offered at all schools, and brunch is available at all secondary schools. Snacks or a la carte items are offered during brunch and lunch at secondary schools.
Exciting New Program at Fletcher Middle School
PAUSD has partnered with Lunchmaster to provide lunch entrees for Fletcher.
Paying for Meals
1. Cash Method - Students pay with cash at time of purchase.
2. Account Method - Money is deducted from a student's account each time a purchase is made, provided there is sufficient fund in the account.
(Every student has a lunch account. It is simply his/her name or PAUSD student ID#)
- Elementary School Students - The lunch server will deduct $4.25 from a student's account each time (s)he orders and picks up a lunch.
- Secondary School Students - Students enter their pin numbers in pin pads located next to cash registers and the purchase amount is deducted from their accounts. For your student's pin number, please email email@example.com or call 650-329-3806.
Ways to Deposit Money into Accounts
1. Give cash or checks (payable to PAUSD) to your student's school office or cafeteria.
2. Mail a check to Student Nutrition Services at 25 Churchill Ave., Palo Alto, CA 94306. Please make sure you write your student's name or ID # on the check.
3. Open an account at www.sendmoneytoschool.com and charge to your credit card. There is a $3 fee per transaction for this service.
We highly recommend parents to open an account. In addition to being able to make deposits online, you will be able to view your student's lunch activities and balance. You can also set your own low balance reminder threshold at that site. There is NO FEE to open an account.
Meal Charges Policy
While schools are not obligated to provide meals to children eligible for full-priced meals, our District offers meal charges. Secondary students can charge up to $7. When a student’s account has reached its credit limit, only fruit and milk will be provided until full payment is received. We do not know which students do not have permission to purchase or charge school meals. If you do not want your students to purchase or charge school meals, please discuss that in advance with them.
Please click here: Lunch / Meal Plans to see the middle school brunch and lunch menus (scroll down a ways) as well as the Events calendars. The middle school brunch is $2.50, while the lunch is $5.25 at Fletcher.
Reduced Lunch Price
Reduced Brunch Price
ALL STUDENTS, INCLUDING STUDENTS ON THE FREE AND/OR REDUCED MEALS PROGRAM, MUST PAY FULL PRICE FOR SNACKS (Snacks are sold at secondary sites. Some snacks are not available at some sites.)